Here is the minimum age to work at Starbucks
To work at Starbucks in the United States you need to be this age:
16 years old in most states
14 years old in Montana
To work at Starbucks Evenings, where alcohol is served, stores require employees to be at least 21 years old.
There are several requirements to work at Starbuck :
- Social Security Number
You must be at least 16 years of age or older. In Montana, you need to be 14 years old.
Social Security Number:
You must be able to work legally in the United States. Citizens and Permanent Residents can apply. Temporary Residents with appropriate work visas can also apply to work.
What jobs can I do at Starbucks when I turn 16 years old?
You can apply to become a Barista or a shift supervisor. Baristas take orders and make coffee, tea and other drinks according to customer requests. They might also operate cash registers and credit card machines. Baristas may field customer complaints or questions, as well. Other tasks include cleaning coffee machines, restaurant areas, bathrooms, and prep areas.
- Starbucks employs about 137,000 people in the U.S.
- Benefits at Starbucks are called”Your Special Blend.” Options include things like bonuses, 401 (k) matching plans, health/medical/dental plans, and even adoption assistance. Both part-time and full-time employees are eligible. Tuition assistance is also available.
Weird age facts related to this topic:
- Can you be too old to work at Starbucks? The company says no, but there have been some controversies around older employees: Read this
How to apply to work at Starbucks in the United States:
To apply to work at Starbucks, here are the steps:
- Read these Starbucks hiring tips.
- Prepare a resume.
- Apply online or in store.
- Online applications can be done through this link on the Starbucks Careers site: https://www.starbucks.com/careers
Download Starbucks job application as a PDF
Here is a Starbucks job application that you can download. It is in PDF format which is printable. Get the Starbucks job application here.